The Datacenter Engineer provides Tier III technical support to Tyler's internal employees and End User Services team. They will also provide technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users and divisional staff. The ideal candidate has solid virtualization and system admin experience.
As a part of Tyler's corporate staff, you will make an impact on outcomes that affect various areas of the company. Your work will ultimately support our team members, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.Location
- Configure and maintain applications in support of customer needs.
- Maintain virtualization environments - VMWare / Hyper-V / Azure / Amazon AWS
- Deploy and maintain SAN's - Infidat, IBM, HP & Dell
- Troubleshoot complex issues related to Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and server operating systems
- Design, install, configure, and administer server/storage hardware and software
- Analyze system requirements and configure servers in support of customer needs, including new products or technologies
- Assist in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of infrastructure systems
- Configure and monitor antivirus systems and Windows updates
- Configure and maintain standalone and network backups, and perform regular DR tests.
- Provide escalation path for support calls from IT Specialists and IT Analysts
The Datacenter Engineer must be able to:
- Multitask between responding to IT issues and researching projects.
- Handle advanced operating system, database and application issues with minimal assistance.
- Take ownership for troubleshooting and resolving client issues outside direct area of responsibility.
- Continually research and implement policies, procedures, tools, software and hardware for their customer base.
- Respond with a swift pace to critical IT issues or outages.
- Bachelor's degree in computer technology or comparable work experience
- The ability to exercise independent judgement in planning, organizing, and performing systems analyst tasks.
- IT certifications such as AWS, MCSA/MCSE, VCP, and/or CCNA
- 5+ years of hands-on IT experience
- Advanced understanding and ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and Server Operating Systems
- Experience with multiple operating systems, devices and databases including, Active Directory, VMware, and SANs
- Ability to read and create operating system scripts to assist with repetitive tasks and customer needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge and Linux and Macintosh OS
- Advanced knowledge preferred for : Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019; Linux/Unix; PC and server hardware; VMWare vRealize Automation and NSX; Active Directory 2012 and 2016; Virtual environments (VMware and HyperV) and clustering technologies; DNS, networking, firewalls, VOIP and printers; Working knowledge of SQL and Oracle; SANs; PowerShell scripting, and some knowledge of SQL queries
(May need the ability to lift 40 pounds on a weekly basis and bend and work in restrictive spaces such as under desks. May need to travel to other offices for new office build-outs)Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.