This position will focus on delivering projects in the field of platform technologies including data center rationalizing (DCR) studies/opportunity assessments, server/storage/data center consolidation business case and assessments. This role is open for professionals in the Los Angeles area.
Key Responsibilities may include:
The position will require strong client facing skills and consulting experience. The candidate will operate in both a functional Project manager capacity for existing/ongoing data center rationalization projects, and as engineering support for newly identified opportunities.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with datacenter rationalization, consolidation, relocation, or migration
* Experience planning and executing Datacenter consolidations, relocations, and migrations.
* Hands on experience designing and implemenation of new datacenters.
* Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments and provide technical solutions.
* Demonstrated holistic understanding of Datacenter Operations (i.e. Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Data Base Mgt., Systems Mgt., Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices etc.).
* Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
* General understanding of all data center functions (production operations, network, change control, DR/Business recovery, helpdesk, systems management, and facilities) with a focus on server, storage, and database technologies.
* Holistic understanding of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies.
Datacenter/Server Consolidation Project Experience:
* Server Platform Technologies ( Unix/Wintel) - HP/Sun/IBM etc.) skills.
* Storage Platform Technologies (SAN/NAS) including Hardware & Software (EMC/NetApp/Sun/IBM/HP etc.).
* Server/Datacenter Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
* Datacenter/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.).
* Asset Management (Experience with tools/process) Other Technologies (VMWare/Virtualization, etc.).
* Facilities Management (Power, HVAC, Hard Wire Topologies, etc.).
Professional Skill Requirements:
* Program/Project Management
Position requires that you have your own laptop and Microsoft Office software suite including Project.