Job Title:- Data Center Technician
Locations:- NYC, NY
Duration: Long Term Contract
- Installing/de-installing/relocating all distributed systems and network hardware
- Installing/extending/relocating/testing all carrier circuits to the network hardware
- Assist with the coordination of cabinet power, circuit, and patch infrastructure installations w/various facilities, electrical, and communications vendors
- Coordinate and Install cabling infrastructure
- Maintaining the integrity of the data center facilities, systems, and communications environments through general housekeeping practices and best operations practices
- Provide hands-on, break/fix level 2 support for the data center systems and communications environments
- Coordinating, and approving data center infrastructure change controls
- Ensuring compliance with data center standards, policies, and processes for all changes
- Performing required compliance activities
- Coordinate activities in support of all projects and technical requests within the Americas Data Centers
- Manage CTI-approved third party vendors in support of local/regional business service commitments and to assure adherence to Corporate and CTI standards
- Provide clear and detailed turnover to next shift workers for continuity
- Performing daily tape ejects to increase current day processing capacity
- Monitoring of tape related console messages
- Managing all daily ad-hoc tape/job requests and scratch activity
- Managing all physical and electronic vaulting activity
- Manage tape destruction process, insuring all proper documentation has been recorded and approved
- Other duties as assigned by management
KEY CHALLENGES (WHAT IS THE WORK/MARKET ENVIRONMENT)
The Americas Data Center environment is a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires a specialist to successfully multi-task BAU, technical request, and repair activities. The priority of “daily task” activity changes often in this environment.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS (KEY COMPETENCIES, MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, MINIMUM PRIOR SPAN OF CONTROL, TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Include 3+ years’ experience in the implementation, maintenance, and analysis of data center facilities, hardware, communications infrastructure, strategies, tools and effective troubleshooting techniques. Basic background on enterprise data center facilities and infrastructure environments such as PDUs, RPPs, network and SAN infrastructures.
- In depth knowledge on complex, corporate-wide, internetworked environments involving a combination of switched/routed/shared Ethernet, TwinAx (10GigE, GigE, 100M, and 10M), token ring, SAN, and wide area connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of WAN technologies (OC-x, DS-x), subnetting and TCP/IP protocol a must.
- Excellent communication and writing skills a must.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems, change control, Project processes and associated tools.
- Logical problem-solving techniques and associated experience in system, data center facilities, and telecommunications. Experience with project management. Financial Services industry knowledge a plus.
Thanks & Regards
VoIP : Text:
E-mail: praneeth.b at xoriant.com