Eden Prairie, MN (Remote)
Positions in this function are predominantly involved in supporting, maintaining, enhancing and modifying existing software applications. Primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value.
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches.
- Resource to senior leadership.
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging issues.
Bring your talent to an industry leader with the information, technology, and consulting expertise to help transform health and human services. No matter what your role, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever.
- Collaborate with technical teams to develop solutions that are reusable
- Research, evaluate, identify alternative development approaches
- Preliminary understand of a variety of modeling and/or diagramming techniques, with the ability to create process flow diagrams and understand the entity relationship models
- Document technical designs to ensure clients’ needs are captured
- Extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data into the enterprise data warehouse and data marts
- Troubleshoot Teradata/Oracle/SQL problems and provide timely solutions.
- Collaborating with the offshore coordinator to resolve development gaps in DI and ensuring these decisions are documented.
- Develop ETL code meeting 100 percent of technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs.
- Proactive and diligent in identifying and communicating development issues and recommending potential solutions.
- Conducts ETL unit tests and code reviews.
- Participates in system and integration test; identifies and remedies solution defects.
- Creates other technical deliverable artifacts needed for project implementation.
- Help in knowledge transfer to the client and other technical teams.
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume ETL DataStage environment.
- 2+ years experience in applications systems analysis and/or programming and support.
- 2+ years experience with multiple file structures and programming languages.
- 2+ years experience with high level technical phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Thorough understanding of technological infrastructure and how it relates to projects is a plus
- 1+ years experience with SQL, Oracle, Teradata in Unix environment
- 1+ years experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Project)
- Experience with any SSH client is an asset.
- Experience with Shell Scripting and PERL scripting is an asset.
- Healthcare domain knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in converting specifications to programs and data mapping in an ETL DataStage environment is a plus.