The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Performance Modeling and Analysis Department (PMAD) consists of a team dedicated to providing groundbreaking solutions to government and commercial customers by performing detailed and complex modeling, analysis, and optimization of orbits, satellite access, and system performance to provide customer decision support for future space architectures. PMAD is seeking a creative, motivated Decision Support Analyst to collaborate on a diverse portfolio of projects designing and optimizing constellations of satellites and mapping tradeoffs between multiple competing performance objectives. The Decision Support Analyst will show aptitude for object-oriented programming as well as the capacity to efficiently leverage the Aerospace Corporation's high-performance computing resources.
The Aerospace Corporation is an open environment structured to foster multi-disciplinary relationships and apply the academic and industry expertise of our engineers, subject matter experts and key stakeholders to solve complex problems across a diverse portfolio of space programs.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Developing and modifying algorithms and analytical results to present to key stakeholders using computer programming languages such as Python and C++.
- Fostering effective working relationships with customers, contractors, senior analysts or technical leads.
- Performing constellation optimization using evolutionary computing and multi-criterion decision making techniques and assessing overall performance through use of in-house or custom-developed analysis tools.
- Comparing performance of architecture variants and conducting trade studies.
- Providing technical expertise in the areas of space system architecture modeling and coverage analysis.
- Developing and generating system performance metrics as necessary.
How You Can Stand Out
- Advanced degree (Master's or Ph.D.) from an accredited program in aerospace engineering, operations research or related STEM discipline (pursuing or conferred within last 12 months)
- 2 years of industry work experience.
- Graduate level course work or comprehensive knowledge in Orbital Mechanics and mathematics related to satellite access geometry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Transcripts are required for this positionWays We Reward Our Employees
- Background in one of the following areas: optimization, decision support, software or simulation development.
- Technically adept with the use and maintenance of PC or Unix platforms.
- Experience developing analysis tools using C/C++ and Python.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .