We are seeking a DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
You will succeed in this role if you have advanced experience of Enterprise and Application Performance monitoring, as well as a consistent track record of effective Capacity monitoring. Experience of and a real passion for automation and constant improvement are also desirable.
You will take our DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), and automation to the next level in a private/public cloud environment. Our technology stack includes Java/Spring, Tomcat, Cassandra, Oracle, Chef, etc. in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment. Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. About the Job
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally. Responsibilities
What makes you a good fit for this role?
- You will maximize product reliability by developing implementations of commercial monitoring software to align with dynamic business needs.
- You will create effective dashboards, reporting, alerting and responses to ensure that impact from issues is either avoided or rapidly resolved.
- You will dedicatedly review system performance and capacity.
- You will liaise and partner with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements for operational monitoring, and capacity monitoring and planning.
- You will work directly with product development, application, and platform support teams.
- You will stay up-to-date with new technologies, tools, and DevOps strategies.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- BS/MS degree in a STEM major or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience in cloud based application monitoring and deployment
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL scripting and tuning
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of production systems design concepts including Reliability, Security, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery
- Solid grasp of system and performance monitoring concepts and implementation
- Experienced configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Datadog, AppDynamics, Grafana, Splunk, etc.)
- Experienced utilizing an automated configuration management system (Chef preferred)
- Deep knowledge of SaaS, micro service based architectures and operations
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members at various levels, including business leaders
- A real passion for and the ability to learn new technologies
- The ability to obtain US Security Clearance
We offer an excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
This position sits in our Alpharetta location, which includes a state of the art gym, onsite dry cleaning services, onsite caf, food trucks Monday through Thursday, and several excellent restaurants nearby in case you want to explore the area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.Primary Location:
Function - IT Operations / PlatformsSchedule: