Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.Job Summary
Responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.Job Description
Comcast Technology Solutions is a software technology company, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA, that helps TV stations, pay TV operators, content providers, broadband media sites, and mobile businesses solve their unique media management and video publishing requirements. Our mpx software, hosted in the cloud and provided as a service, allows our customers to securely and efficiently manage their digital media and publish it to all manner of IP devices - websites, tablets, set-top boxes, connected TVs and so on.
Our proven media management and publishing technology provides a versatile approach to meet each customer's unique business requirements. It also scales fluidly to support the growth of our customers' businesses. Customers include British Telecom, CNBC, Fox International Channels, NBC Universal, Liberty Global, Viaplay and numerous others.
The Dedicated Support Engineer position is responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works with little guidance in own area of knowledge.Responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues.
- Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback.
- Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures successful project implementation.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for customer workflow to analyze problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Interface with third party vendors to coordinate support process and escalations.
- Utilizing knowledge of Linux, HTTP protocol, RESTful web services, and client/server interactions to troubleshoot issues and drive resolutions.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate, and communicate with teammates and external clients.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Be a part of an 24/7 on-call rotation to cover critical client escalations and events.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent years of experience) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field.
- Customer facing experience
- Perferred experience with ServiceNow, Jira, Rundeck, Zenoss, Splunk, Perforce, Charles, Chef, Sensu, or Grafana.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary
on our careers site for more details.