This Public Autonomous vehicle company is looking to add a Senior Deep Learning engineer to their Perception algorithm team. As a member, you will research, design, implement, optimize and deploy deep learning models that advance the state of the art in perception and control for autonomous driving.
The day-to-day will entail deep learning code, implementing described models and algorithms, optimization of internal metrics, working with downstream engineers to integrate neural networks to run efficiently in the car, and incrementally tracking and improving feature performance based on fleet telemetry.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional work experience with deep learning algorithms
- 3+ years working on machine learning algorithms deployed into production
- Experience with PyTorch
- Individual thinker who can think quickly on their feet
- Bachelors Degree in Quantitative Degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc)
- CPU/GPU familiarity
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering
- Previous experience in an autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience working with engineering teams to deploy models into production
- Object-detection/recognition experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection/classification, tracking, multi-task learning, large-scale distributed training, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on an embedded device
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180k/year total, DOE
- Stock Options
- Annual Performance bonuses
- Appreciation baskets
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Brand new office building with ample opportunity to travel to other locations around the world
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible scheduling
- Profit Sharing
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.