Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Deep Learning, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, with an emphasis on text, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, and/or associated principles of knowledge representation and ontological design. The successful candidate will have proven success in taking deep learning solutions to production environments. Strong technical skills are required.
If you are located in the San Diego, CA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Enhancement of existing company NLP technologies and extension of those systems in new cloud-based applications
- Emphasize incorporation of machine/deep learning techniques in clinical NLP solutions deployed at scale in production environments
- Design and develop software from system requirements definition to implementation, integration and testing
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 4+ years of related professional work experience using deep learning technologies - significant academic Machine Learning and NLP development experience will be considered for strong applicants with advanced degree
- Strength and experience with at least two of the following: Python, C++, Java, C#, SQL and Regular Expressions
- Knowledge of algorithms and techniques within a computational domain with emphasis on text processing
- Knowledge and experience with Deep Learning frameworks
Careers with Optum.
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Experience with ontologies
- Experience with in the medical domain
- Experience with XML and XSLT
- Demonstrated ability to function within a team and to handle a variety of tasks, whether independent or working from specifications
- Logical thinker and quick learner with strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Effective team member who will support and contribute to a common goal as well as encourage group cooperation and participation to meet team objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills; capable of contributing at every level to effective project documentation
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the worlds large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: deep learning, machine learning, San Diego, CA, California, telecommute, remote, work from home