Description Job Description:
Ranked first in Government IT and systems integration, Leidos brings decades of experience leading large-scale mission-critical network IT programs. We're looking for visionaries and enablers to help us deliver game changing results.
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates in a proposal effort to join our Engineering and Technical Support team, who will manage enterprise operations and deliver IT architecture modernization in support of the Department of the Navy. If awarded to Leidos, positions would be available in the Washington, DC Metro area and other locations across the US and abroad.
We offer competitive compensation, retirement and paid leave packages, health and wellness programs, career development trainings and certifications, income protection, employee stock purchase plans, and family benefits.
We are looking for top talented individuals with expertise and experience in:Defensive Cyber Operations AnalysisPrimary Responsibilities
- Provide DCO Analyst support with primary responsibilities in the monitoring, identification, detection, analysis, investigation, containment, response, eradication/recovery of cyber security incidents.
- Perform incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact and identify and recommend specific remediation strategies.
- Participate in and/or lead the technical incident response and investigation in breaches of computer security events and intrusions from identification to post-incident activity and liaison with required mission partners and authorities.
- Collaborate, liaison and coordinate with other DCO elements (e.g. NCDOC, NNWC, IC-SCC, DoDIIC CNDSPs) and applicable mission partners (e.g. Security, Legal, Privacy, Counterintelligence, Law Enforcement, IT Operations, Cyber Intel, etc.) to proactively enhance the security posture of networks and respond to suspected cyber security incidents.
- Conduct timely and accurate incident response coordination and reporting for all cyber security events and incidents in to higher echelon authorities and supported entities to ensure proper analysis is performed and applicable situational awareness is provided to mission partners.
- Document mitigation, containment and restoration actions of cyber security incidents and lessons learned in reports and executive briefings which detail proactive strategies to limit or prevent future related incidents from occurring.
- Notify managers, incident responders, and other team members of suspected/validated cyber security events and incidents and articulate the event's history, status, and potential impact for further action.
- Provide cyber security incident response operations to include, but not limited to, incident handling, intrusion detection, content filtering, and digital forensics. Also includes the development and maintenance of the capabilities that support these functions.
- Provide in-depth forensics of digital evidence (e.g. hard drives, mobile devices, flash and optical media) as required and handle/document in accordance with applicable U.S Statutory Laws, Federal Rules of Evidence and industry best practices.
- Provide in-depth malware analysis by using advanced techniques to identify malware, assess the operations, understand required privileges, attack vectors, and other malware indicators of interest to computer network defense.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, IT, IA or related area of study; and 3 or more years of concentrated experience in CND discipline. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 1 or more years professional experience in the interpretation and implementation of the following policy documents: DoD Directive 8530.02M, Chairman Joint Chief of Staff (CJCS) Instruction 6510.01F, and CJCS Manual (CJCSM) 6510.018.
- 3+ years professional experience in the design, development, integration, implementation, operation, and analysis of cyber security technologies used within the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC), as well as knowledge of federal cyber security initiatives.
- Knowledge of intelligence gathering, analysis and dissemination techniques specifically in the area of cyber security.
- Required IAT level certification: Security+ CE.
ETSExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Cyber OperationsPay Range: