Description Job Description:
This position provides technical leadership to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while ensuring those already in use are implemented, utilized properly, and improved.Primary Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to SBNAB DCO team
- Drive implementation and adoption of new tools, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies across all teams within the SOC
- Provide technical guidance and support to SBNAB Branch Operations Manager and Government leadership
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Promote and drive research and implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of prior IT experience, or Associate degree with 7+ years of experience. Additional certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years' experience working in a SOC environment
- DoD 8570 IAT III certifications required prior to starting
- Prior experience supervising employees of various labor categories and skills in efforts similar in size and scope to the SBNAB DCO program
- Advanced knowledge of solution development techniques and best practices related to demonstration, pilot, and test management and operations.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards.
- Demonstrated experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology;
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a ====.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, with SAP eligibility
External Referral Bonus:
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.