Position: Deliverables Manager-Technical Writer
Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for a Deliverables Manager/ Technical Writer to support the Department of Veterans Affairs Enterprise Architecture contract.
Work location: Washington D.C. 20571
Full Time Position
- Edit narrative and graphic products to identify and correct typographical and grammatical errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Pull information to create technical documentation to support project-wide efforts.
- Edit documentation for formatting, grammar, and 508 compliance.
- Take meeting minutes if necessary.
- Work with contractor program managers, technical team leads, and SMEs on the development and production of program deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the program.
- Prepare and edit implementation and test plans, test reports, analysis reports, and other related documents.
- Other duties/responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Technical Writer/Editor.
- Must have experience in gathering required data and inputs to create written narrative and graphic documents of a technical and business nature, ensuring grammatical, format, style, and logic while using a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools
- Must be able to edit highly technical documents involving IT software and hardware systems and networks
- Must have experience in explaining highly technical data and information in simplistic grade school language for end users of complex IT systems and projects
- Must be able to use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to obtain a VA clearance (current clearance preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related discipline preferred; 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust, BI clearance
- Must be authorized to work for any US employer
Honorably discharged US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
It is Insignia Technology Services, LLC policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.