- 3 to 5 Years project management experience
- Delivery Manager will support on boarding for about 7 new clients in the pipeline, not currently supported by the product team. Resource will liaison with cross functional departments to include: Product Development, Finance, Customer Solutions, Supply Chain Management, occasionally Legal, and the clients corporate level operations representatives (some of which are Manufacturer OEMs). New client on-boarding will be IT lite with little technical integration. Clients will include a mix of new programs and re-launches in the retail space - where protection or warranty plans are sold - wireless and consumer electronics.
- Nice to haves, not required:
- PMs with a wireless retail or insurance background may be most well suited to understand this space. Role has some operations and logistics components and likely client facing.
- Technical documentation skill set or ability to translate needs to specific requirements, ensuring all stakeholders are on the same page.
- PMP certification - will make it easier to offer full time employment, should performance meet expectations and the department have a future need (current need expected for 6-12+ months)
- Keen sense of attention to detail (Error free resumes are necessary)
- Location: Sterling, VA or Nashville
The Client Delivery Manager Lead will have full accountability for delivery of client initiatives and launches as assigned. The Client Delivery Manager Lead will understand the business and customer experience goals and work closely with external clients and internal cross-functional areas to ensure successful delivery. Responsibilities include ownership of translation of business vision and scope into implementation plans and development of detailed project strategies which will encompass: understanding project scope, desired customer experience, change control, budget management, resource scheduling, risk mitigation plans, contingency plans, deliverables/action item management, user acceptance and end-to-end client testing and training needs, as necessary for operational delivery. Accountability for project delivery will rest with this candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of successful project delivery, including coordination across multiple internal and external stakeholders and delivery teams, such as client services teams, product management, IT, Care, Marketing, Risk Management, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.
• Provide overall project management, including planning and leading cross functional resources.
• Own the translation of /project vision into a defined customer experience and detailed scope
• Develop and execute detailed, cross-functional project plans with critical path milestones, highlighting external and cross-functional dependencies to guide the project to a successful delivery.
• Lead internal and external project status meetings with clients.
• Define and execute risk management plans and troubleshoot resolution of issues and/or escalate issues to defined escalation paths and leadership when needed.
• Manage projects on schedule and within budget, identifying risks and driving mitigation strategies.
• Develop and maintain project documentation, including requirements (product & business), change control logs, status reports, action item lists and major business decision memorials.
• Ensure thoroughness and quality of end user acceptance testing and user training on all systems implemented or modified for new operations; provide feedback on modifications/updates to be made based on ability to delivery project on time and at specified quality
• Provide post-implementation management of projects to ensure all operational and IT issues from the launch are resolved or transitioned to an operating group with appropriate resolution to identified issues when necessary
• Document lessons learned and ensure improvement opportunities are leveraged in future projects; serve as lead to identify project delivery processes to be documented for standard operating procedures
• Assist in continuously improving performance metrics/measurements to track budget to actual performance.
• BA/BS degree, preferably in Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering or related disciplines with operations and/or information technology focus or equivalent work experience.
• Master' s degree or equivalent related project management experience is highly desired.
• 3-5 years of experience in managing moderate to high complexity projects, with experience managing client facing projects being highly desirable.
• 1-3 years of program management, call center, supply chain or financial project management experience and/or business process redesign experience in these areas is a definite plus.
• Advanced project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in a cross functional environment concurrently.
• Strong customer orientation and ability to drive the design and delivery of great customer experiences.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; self-motivated, self-managed.
• Excellent attention to detail, communication, presentation and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Project, Visio) are necessary.
• PMP certification preferred
• Little (0-10%) domestic travel required.