Staff Java Developer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Are you looking for an organization with startup spirit AND enterprise strength? Deloitte Consulting's iLab offers both! We are looking for talented individuals with an innovative mindset and technical skillset to join our growing team and work as part of iLab Product Engineering using the latest Java applications.
Work You'll Do
The Staff Java Developer will work within product development teams in a scrum/agile setup. You will be responsible for translating requirements and input from Solution Architects into a technical design, as well as delivering design artifacts such as class and sequence diagrams.
You will support the Product Development Manager and the scrum teams with solid technical advice in terms of design, implementation and effort estimations of your assigned components. You are expected to request design and code reviews with Senior engineers
You will be guided by Senior Engineers, follow our I&P best practices in terms of coding standards, dependency/build management etc.
Deloitte Consulting's Innovation and Platforms practice is an organization within Deloitte Consulting whose goal is to build an environment and culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the incubation of breakthrough ideas in IP assets based businesses and markets.
Innovations and Platforms houses prototyping, development and maintenance capabilities for a product portfolio that spans multiple software technologies including wearables, machine learning, advanced analytics, social/mobile, and more. Our team is responsible for designing and developing innovative products that not only augment our leading services practice, but strike at the heart of our clients' business needs.
• Bachelor's Degree and 2 to 4 years of industry experience in the following areas:
• Design of Java applications through all layers of an application such as frontend, integration, application, and business logic.
• Dependency management (Gradle or Maven) as well as source code control such as Git or Bitbucket.
• Experience with RDBMS such as MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres.
• Strong team player used to working in an agile (scrum) environment with tools like Jira.
• Experience developing cloud based applications (AWS, GCP, Azure) and exposure to Docker, Kubernetes and Concourse CI/CD.
• Service Development, REST APIs, DAOs, and integration scenarios.
• Knowledge in frameworks like Spring 5, Struts, Activitiy/jBPM, and Drools.
• An understanding of web application security and designing controls to guard against SQL injection, cross-site scripting etc.
• An understanding of best practices such as test-driven development, industry established code quality standards and use of Sonar plus usual design patterns.
• Experience with NoSQL databases.
• Knowledge of Java message broker technologies such as ActiveMQ and/or integration technologies like Mule.
• Use of UML as part of software design tasks (Class, Action, Event and sequence diagrams)
• Linux experience.
• Experience with Python, Groovy, Scala, Go etc.
• Ability to profile code for performance, tune application engines, and configure for web-scale.
**No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Inclusion is a major part of how we lead. It invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and fosters well-being. We seek out and involve individuals with diverse experiences and backgrounds because we know how critical this can be in making an impact that matters to our clients and our people. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We drive impact through our signature national programs: education and veterans, and through pro bono and other key programs such as board service opportunities and Impact Day. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.