The Demand Planning Analyst is responsible for contributing to growth of by supporting the planning and forecasting various products with the organization.
This position will be a highly collaborative working with cross-functional departments including sales, finance, marketing, and other functions in Supply Chain. This role requires a proactive and organized professional who takes ownership of his/her responsibilities and willingness to help out other areas within the organization.
Successful candidates will have a strong knowledge of and record of accomplishment in project management, problem solving, and analytics. Exposure to at least one of the following supply chain areas is highly desired: sales and operations planning, value add/value engineering, inventory reduction, network design, and/or risk analysis and reduction.
* Responsible for the management, enhancement, and support of demand planning and forecasting systems, tools and reports used in developing operational forecasts and demand plans for use in Sales and Operational Planning.
* Manage / Improve current Forecast Database using MS Access
* Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of the demand planning function using ForecastPro
* Manage, analyze, and execute demand forecast and update based on actual sales usage, trends, promotional plans, new product launch projections, and revised sales plan.
* Develop and present forecast accuracy and performance reports to identify problems and opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to the demand plan.
* Collaborate with sales, marketing, and finance to research and understand demand forecast drivers to ensure that current and accurate information is used for the demand forecasts.
* Assist and coordinate the cross-functional actions and tasks involved in meeting the necessary timelines to launch / transition new products and other Supply Chain Projects
* Bachelor' s college degree required
* Proficient in MS Access and MS Excel
* Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills required in order to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the planning process
* Ability to work independently in managing multiple projects and initiatives to meet firm deadlines
* Ability to work with cross-functional team to complete more complex projects
* 2+ years of experience in Planning / Supply Chain preferred
* Demonstrated proficiency in forecasting methods or planning methods preferred
* Experience with SAP / APICS certification is preferred
* Excellent communication skills with strong persuasion and influencing abilities. An excellent motivator who is charismatic, action-oriented and confident.
* Recognized self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing marketplace.
* Experience with SAP preferred, various supply chain systems and Microsoft Excel