Department Manager- Construction
We are seeking a mix of people leadership with formal management experience to lead a professional team of construction project managers, who also brings building design and construction experience. The key to this role is the ability to build relationships and collaboration.
Please apply with CSS online to explore a fit for this fast-moving, rich opportunity!
- The team is responsible for 250 properties, including Elkhorn and North Omaha services centers
- Future focus is Solar Farm and Windfarm construction
- Key initial focus is the re-design of historic building with historic preservation requirements, ensuring energy efficient, handicapped accessible bathrooms, flow of spaces, and includes redesign of lobby to be more secure and safe
- Manage staff of 3 professional construction project managers
- Accountable to develop and implement plans and programs (1-2 years in scope) to achieve strategic objectives
- Identify and partner with a third-party vendor/consultant to develop a building asset portfolio that will inform how to determine to invest, divest or lease buildings incorporating a ten to fifteen year perspective
- Lead the design and integration of programs that address building environment/ergonomic needs for all buildings
- Work with design vendors as needed to transform work areas to best meet the needs of our employees while ensuring financially responsible solutions
- Manager Space utilization
- Budget for major capital repairs across portfolio
- Delegate and assign project staff for several simultaneous construction efforts
- Develop and deliver executive level reporting on status of projects, services and utilization of budgets and other resources
- Safety and Compliance, Continuous Improvement; Fiscal Accountability, Managing relationships, service levels and expectations
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 8+ years as a supervisor/manager over technical construction staff
- 15+ years of technical/engineering/construction experience in projects of varied complexity and size
- Large scope project experience
- Ability to forecast expenditures in a rolling period of five years.
- Proven work experience developing and maintaining positive working relationships with vendor partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of design and construction project management, environmental engineering and associated organizational management systems
- Collegial and common-sense leadership
- Confidence and ability to interact with all levels of employees and vendors
- BS degree architecture, engineering, or related discipline with courses in environmental, industrial, structural, electrical and foundation engineering
- CM (Construction Manager) certification
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification
- Assignment Length: Direct hire - Candidates must be eligible to work in the US on a W2 basis without sponsorship or visa transfer
- No Travel
- Salary 120-130K + pension. The pension is in the top 5% of US pension plans.