Brett LLC is seeking to fill (Deployable Electronics Engineer - Aberdeen, MD). At Brett LLC, we offer opportunities for talented professionals in engineering, software development, and other key areas. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, matching 401k plan, and other benefits given below, excellent training, and a vibrant working environment. Our employees are exceptional, giving us a competitive advantage by innovating solutions with a strong sense of mission and integrity.
One of our clients in Aberdeen, MD needs a Deployable Electronics Engineer
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Position Type: Contract
Clearance Level: Active Secret
· Be available and willing to deploy to OCONUS locations to include Kuwait, Afghanistan, and Iraq for up to 6 months at a time rotating with other deployers.
· Support technical intelligence (TECHINT), media exploitation (MEDEX), cell phone exploitation (CELLEX), electronic exploitation (ELEX), and other unique exploitation missions.
· Conduct electronic analyses of target devices, including functional analyses of the target devices, understand and describe how the target functions from an electronic perspective - basic signalling characteristics; voltage levels; electrical connections; electrical modifications to commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware; logic states; operating frequencies; component configuration identification; operating profiles/modes; operation in noisy electromagnetic environments; and septibility.
· Serve as subject matter expert in RF characterization.
· Publish reports and briefings in order to present characterization information, electronics vulnerabilities, and exploitation recommendations.
· Work with a team to respond to RFI's and determine best consolidated solutions to problems.
· Design and implement characterization standard operating procedures (SOPs) and implement SOPs in daily functions.
· An understanding of RF communications, with an emphasis on complete characterization of electronic circuits.
· Extensive experience in electronics engineering.
· Experience using benchtop RF equipment including Signal Generators, Spectrum Analysers, Oscilloscopes, and other equipment.
· Able to perform standard RF measurements (e.g. occupied bandwidth, average power, and pulse width) using the previous listed test equipment.
· Experience in synthesizing and generating various types of RF waveforms using and arbitrary waveform generator.
· Be able to handle and prioritize many tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in reverse engineering electronic components and circuit boards.
· Experience supporting exploitation and modelling and simulation tool development.
· Working knowledge of software defined radios (SDR), such as the Ettus B210 and x310. Able to interface with such units in order to transmit or receiver RF signals.
· Basic Matlab (and other basic programming/scripting) skills, should be able to apply digital signal processing techniques to communication signals. Techniques include digital filtering, sample rate conversion, frequency/phase estimation, demodulation, carrier recovery, timing recovery, channel equalization, pulse shaping, and forward error correction.
· Experience working with embedded systems such as Arduino and writing programs leveraging the SPI bus to configure and analyse various chipsets.
Background and Education:
· Experience deploying to forward OCONUS locations desired.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 3 years of experience; or associates degree and 8 years of experience in related field required.
· Advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 7 years of experience in related field desired.
· Salary Negotiable
· 401k match
· Relocation Assistance
· All Federal Holidays off
· Two weeks annually paid time off
· Medical, Dental and Vision starting first day
· Short Term Disability
· Long term disability
· And other benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send me a copy of your latest resume at i with the information requested below: Also, please let me know what time/number is best to call to discuss this great opportunity. In case you are not interested in this position or this is not a right fit for you, please feel free to share this opportunity with your friends/networks or anyone you know who may be interested in this position. Thank you!
- Availability to start a new job
- Best Rates
- Contact #
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any question (s) you may have. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.