Business Group HighlightsGeneral Counsel
The office of the General Counsel is responsible for legal, privacy, contracting, merger and acquisition, litigation, and compliance activities, as well as government and regulatory affairs. These functions support the company's success and growth efforts and maintain high ethical standards. The ethics office promotes a culture of performance with integrity and encourages ethical conduct, reinforces our values and drives compliance with the code of business conduct, internal policies and the law.ResponsibilitiesAssociate General Counsel - Government Contracts Legal
Perspecta is seeking an experienced attorney to join its legal team to be located at corporate headquarters in Chantilly, VA. Perspecta provides cutting edge technology services and solutions to the U.S. government. The successful candidate will join Perspecta's Office of the General Counsel (OGC) and report directly to the General Counsel. The OGC adds strategic value to Perspecta by providing high-quality, sophisticated counsel across the business and laying the foundation for an ethical culture. The OGC hires, retains and develops talent in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
This attorney will be responsible for providing legal counsel to several business groups at Perspecta on a broad range of issues related to U.S. federal, state and local government contracts. This position requires a strong knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, as well as the ability to provide counsel to the business, contracts and sales teams regarding government procurement, GSA contracting, data privacy and security, intellectual property and other government contracts legal topics. The successful candidate will handle a wide variety of legal, issues arising from the company's business activities in the federal government arena and, as needed, will work collaboratively with the VP of Contracts, the VP of Supply Chain, and Perspecta's Business Group leaders to assist and advise in assessing legal risk and to develop practical solutions that ensure compliance while protecting the business interests of the company. At times, and in consultation with the General Counsel, Contracts, Supply Chain, and the Business Groups, engage outside counsel on bid protests or other matters requiring additional subject matter expertise.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with Contracts and Supply Chain functions, Business Groups and other internal clients to develop resolutions to legal or regulatory issues or disputes.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate policies and directives of the General Counsel.
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures and providing proactive legal advice to internal groups.
- Training internal clients on various legal or regulatory issues, approaches and preferred practices.
- At least 10 years of legal experience in public sector procurement, preferably with experience in complex information technology business transactions.
- A record of academic distinction at a highly regarded university and law school, followed by a record of achievement as a lawyer
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present advice clearly and concisely.
- Ability to identify legal risk of contemplated litigation or disputes in which the corporation is involved.
- Must be eligible for a security clearance (although current clearance is not required)
- Due to the challenges of this opportunity and the opportunity to advance the career and the level of responsibility, the attorney must:
- Possess practical, independent judgment and self-confidence.
- Be entrepreneurial and willing to find a practical solution to compliance and legal questions.
- Be able and willing to solve challenges through innovation; able to work with minimal direction and supervision; proactive, not reactive.
- Be forward-looking in issue identification and avoidance (in addition to managing issues that have already arisen).
- Also be involved at the outset and throughout the development of compliance solutions.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)