SAIC has a contingent opening for a Deputy Infrastructure Operations Manager operating remotely in support of its General Services Agency (GSA) customer.
The GSA Enterprise Operations (GEO) program provides information technology support to the Information Technology (IT) department of the General Services Administration (GSA). GSA IT requires an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solution that has an integrated, enterprise-wide focus to deliver shared IT services in accordance with GSA IT's governance structure and portfolio-based framework. The SAIC GEO team is tasked to design, develop and support the evolution of Information Technology (IT) Service Delivery for the GSA Enterprise.
The Deputy Infrastructure Operations Manager shall assist the Operations Manager in the direction of all operations-related processes, ensuring the operation of the Enterprise meets defined service levels, and serving as the SAIC's service owner for all IT services and solutions.
Description of Duties:
Provide service operations management of the GSA IT infrastructure to maintain ongoing service operations stability while allowing for changes in design, scope, scale of the services, and service levels with minimal disruption to service delivery.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
Required E xperience/Skills/Attributes:
• ITIL® Intermediate Level Certification (or better).
• Certified Project Management Professional Certification (Project Management Professional or PgMP).
• Experience managing IT Infrastructure Engineering and Operations similar to this TO and the SAIC's proposed solution to include Data Centers, Cloud provided IT solutions, WAN/LAN, and Server Support.
• Ability to operate and design IT systems supported by a workforce of over 200 staff with on premise applications as well as many applications deployed in the cloud.
• Two or more years of experience managing an IT infrastructure of representative size and complexity as that of the GSA Global Enterprise Operations (GEO) task order.
• Demonstrated experience making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operation costs.
• Demonstrated expert experience with troubleshooting a wide range of LAN, MPLS WAN, Wi-Fi and SAN, network issues hampering service availability and making recommendations for system fixes and enhancements.
• Demonstrated experience operating and designing a network using routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Layer-3/-2 MPLS VPN, IPsec VPN. Understands BGP route reflectors, BGP peering and BGP regular expressions. Demonstrated experience with WAN Optimization appliances and with sophisticated tools for capacity planning and predictive analytics for bandwidth trending
• Demonstrated experience with leveraging tools to manage router and switch configurations. In addition, experience with using tools to manage all critical router and switch functions.
• Five or more years of management experience operating in an ITIL framework.
Clearance Requirement: Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a US "Public Trust" clearance.
My SAIC Benefits.