Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) is seeking a customer focused Deputy Project Lead to join our team in Huntsville, AL, to provide support to the Army and to begin an exciting career within DSA.The Deputy Project Lead will be work with the Project Lead, supporting management responsibilities including overseeing automation, data/telecommunications, visual information and records management for the Program Executive Office (PEO) Missile and Space (MS). PEO MS provides centralized management for Army Air and Missile Defense and Tactical Missile Programs as well as selected Army Space programs that leverage state-of-art technology to meet Warfighter multi-domain and full spectrum operation requirements.
The Deputy Project Lead will be responsible for overseeing the long-term sustainment of the program, software development activities, customer support efforts and major system upgrades and enhancements. The Deputy Project Lead will also provide the necessary level of task order management and administrative support necessary to achieve the requirements of this task order.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards
- Assigning contractor schedules
- Reviewing work discrepancies
- Supervising contractor personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Remain current and well versed in the latest IT technologies
- Provide oversight and guidance in the planning, design, implementation and integration of all current and future projects.
- Ensuring the team completes all tasks assignments within estimated periods and budget constraints.
- Provides planning, implementation, monitoring, and continuously improves processes to support the Army's operation of a services management organization using commercial best practices
- Plan, organize, coordinate, integrate, and execute all tasks and requirements in the PWS during the entire PoP.
- Overseeing the creation, execution, improvement and sustainment of platform operations, data science team support, application migration support, application modernization and surge/augmentation support
- Coordinating and monitoring all mission activities in the areas of business operations support, resourcing support, and systems integration support
- Providing innovative approaches to strategic technical planning and solutions to overcome operational challenges and obstacles.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other closely related discipline
- 10 years of experience in the management of Department of Defense IT contracts or projects
- Technical expertise in current and emerging cloud technologies.
- Experienced in planning, estimating, organizing, staffing, and executing projects at scale to include multiple, distributed teams.
- Must be familiar with both traditional waterfall and Agile delivery methods in order to manage multiple project teams and milestones.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in managing Army contracts supporting business operations, resourcing support and system integration across a wide geographical area.
- Possess knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD)/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of military programs and resources for Army systems
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external customers.
- Registered as a Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Relevant industry certifications including Comp Tia Sec+
- Experience working in large, complex IT environments
- Experience with general IT security concepts, network security and software development practices/methodologies.
- Experience managing multiple teams and projects
- Experience working within the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
DSA recognizes that the global spread of COVID-19 is a challenging time for everyone. Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our workforce, guests and candidates, and we provide the necessary supplies to maintain safety in the work place. Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, our response time and scheduling of interviews may increase. DSA islooking to fill various positions despite the COVID-19 and are managing our workforce within the compliance of all state requirements.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET Clearance; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, can be considered for this position.
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD TOP SECRET/Secure Compartmented Information (TS/SCI); this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, can be considered for this position.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embracestraining and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforceDSA's guiding principlessince 1963.
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSAemployees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com or call #dsa209