Description Job Description:
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Project Manager /Engineering Technical Lead to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program based in Aberdeen, MD. The Engineering Technical Lead will also serve as the Deputy Project Manager. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance.
The Engineering Technical Lead is the primary, onsite point of contact for the customer and is responsible for customer engagement and coordination. Working with a team of engineers, including subcontract personnel, you provide leadership for the analysis, selection, modification, and delivery of high-quality software and systems and technical support. You execute day-to-day activities in an efficient and professional manner, ensuring tasks remain on schedule, identifying, communicating, and managing risks, effectively supporting operational systems, and being responsive to the customer's requirements.
As the Engineering Technical Lead you will guide an engineering team to install and integrate Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) / Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) products into the customer baseline; providing scripting / coding to enhance tools, maximize efficiency, and support compatibility to allow various software products to work together in support of a geospatial application implementation on a large program. Achieving successful design, development, optimization, and delivery of capabilities will require you to plan, coordinate, and perform activities across the full development and System Engineering lifecycle. This will include working onsite at a customer facility collaborating closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Guide team execution towards successful capability delivery; leverage expertise to drive solutions impacting project goals, results, and outputs
- Assist the Project Manager as the primary point of contact at Aberdeen for the Government and for Subcontractors
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain high standards of work product quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans
- Lead, architect, design, prototype, code, test, deploy, maintain, and improve applications in response to customer requirements
- Use sound engineering principles to ensure that work products are maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant and solutions are delivered on-time and on-budget
- Leverage hands-on experience applying design principles to build, test, and deploy solutions into production environments
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Integrate COTS / GOTS applications and configure network and component constructs in support of software delivery to tactical units
- Analyze and comprehend current system functional requirements to identify process and tool integration needs, system dependencies, integration points, system interfaces, and data flows
- Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields and five (5) years of experience, or Masters with three (3) years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Requires an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain
- Must be able to obtain a Security + certification
- Strong experience with software integration, troubleshooting, and application administration of large system-of-system (SoS) integration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 20012R2 and Red Hat Linux 6 / 7
- Experience with virtualization technologies using VMware and ESXI
- Strong expertise with GIS, geospatial data, and geospatial products, including Esri.
- Must be familiar with the full software development life cycle
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Systems Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience working with DoD
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with, technical staff, managers, and team members
- Successfully functions in a collaborative team environment committed to high-quality customer service
- Flexibility and patience in order to work with changing priorities
- Reliable and mission-oriented
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components with Army Battle Command (ABC) systems and processes preferred
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, Python, Ruby, or PHP and Windows Power Shell or Pearl
- Experience with enterprise server hardware maintenance
- Hands-on knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools (ex. Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD)
#grids3External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.