Deputy Project Manager
We are currently in search of a Deputy Project Manager - Financial Systems to support our accounting, finance, procurements and billing systems across over 4,000 person global company in our headquarter office in downtown Washington, DC. If you thrive in a fast paced environment and are able to balance multiple projects and competing priorities while driving towards results then this is the opportunity for you!
The Deputy Project Manager - Financial Systems will report to the Director, Financial Systems and works to proactively seek opportunities to enhance and modernize financial, regulatory, IT, procurement and billing processes with the purpose of growing CoStar-s financial systems capabilities. The Deputy Project Manager - Financial Systems will also serve as a point of contact for tier 1 support, training and issues resolution for CoStar-s financial systems (ERP, CRM, billing, BI, procurement, and others). The analyst also ensures proper change management for SOX compliance, enters data or processes information, and communicates with peers, subordinates and departmental management. This role will report to the Program Manager, Enterprise Financial Systems.
We believe that excellent project management is key to the successful delivery of projects and achieving high customer satisfaction. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager, with deep experience in Financial Systems projects (ERP, Billing, Budget and Forecasting, etc.).
The Deputy Project Manager drives the delivery and success of Financial Systems project in support of the CFO and his executive team. They will work on at least 5 projects concurrently under their portfolios under their supervision. They plan, execute, and implement multiple projects concurrently to deliver intended business outcomes (ideally on time, on budget, and within scope). Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the Deputy
Project Manager works with the Director, Financial Systems and the CFO executive team to make appropriate tradeoffs with project teams to mitigate any issues or risks and to secure required resources. They lead or coordinate project planning, resourcing, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and people management. The Deputy Project Manager ensures project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule, and cost. They utilize and ensure excellent communications with customers, and are diplomatically sensitive to customers- internal tensions.
* 7 years of project management experience in technology delivery with demonstrated success in implementing multiple projects concurrently.
* Bachelor-s degree in IT, Finance, Accounting or preferably both.
* 7+ years of professional IT experience, specifically in systems/business analysis, ERP Implementation and support.
* 5+ years- experience implementing and providing post production support for major accounting, financial, ERP, CRM, Case Management, BPM, Procurement, accounting, reporting, Revenue Recognition and billing systems. Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle Financials Cloud ERP
* Strong analytical skills, specifically, the ability to translate business requirements to technical and functional specifications.
* Strong Business Process re-engineering and documentation skills (Experience with process mapping in Visio a strong plus).
* Ability to perform diagnostics, identify problems and provide resolutions
* Exceptional customer service skills, focus and commitment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, PCI, PII, etc.).
* Able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities with competing priorities.
* Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
* Experience working with collaboration tools such as SharePoint.
* 4+ year-s portfolio/program management, with 5+ concurrent projects
* Proficiency with project planning tools (MS Project) and Microsoft Excel
* 10+ years- overall work experience in IT, infrastructure deployments, and related technology fields
* PMP certification
* Experience with Lean Sigma methodology and project delivery
* Agile/Scrum Master certification
Skills and Competencies
* Ability and desire to effectively work in an extremely fast pace and demanding work environment
* Superb oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to drive projects and issues to successful completion
* Strong leadership skills - ability to quickly earn co-workers- confidence
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
* Ability to facilitate and drive meetings/working sessions and manage interactions across diverse groups, including engineers, developers, and business community (sales, finance, marketing)
* Ability to plan, execute, and manage multiple projects concurrently
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (to be evaluated)
* Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners
* Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
* Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills
* Sound business and technology acumen
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing