Description Job Requisition:
Design DraftsmanJob Description:Job Description
Leidos currently has an opening for a Design/Drafter to work at the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA. Primary Responsibilities
- Create and maintain Mechanical, Electrical and Textile Technical Data Packages (TDPs) that comply with Military and Commercial specifications (MIL-STD-100 and ANSI Y14).
- Review components for ease of manufacture, form, fit and function relative to overall assemblies and manufacturing practices.
- Resolve design issues in customer product lines as identified by in-house evaluations, solicitations and manufacturers.
- Revise and/or redesign functional and non-functional piece parts relative to customer products.
- Evaluate old designs and make comparable commercial equivalent recommendations for part replacements.
- Assess, write and incorporate Drawing Revisions (DR's) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP's) for existing DoD customer equipment.
- Provide support to updating the Government Controlled database.
Proficient at Solidworks, GTX RasterCad, Microsoft Office
Proficient at AutoCad
Solid modeling, produce drawings from the models
Must have solid background in producing production level drawings (ANSI Y14.100)
Be capable of taking fabricated part and produce model and drawings of the part
Must have understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5)
Some travel may be required
Experience in mechanical, electrical and textile design drafting.
Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
Strong attention to detailPreferred Qualifications
Preferable the candidate will have experience working with Army drawings
Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
Min of 5 years design/drafting experience
Excellent communication skillsExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.