Wixom, MI Salary:
Our client is currently seeking a Design Engineer - Embedded BoardJob Overview:
The Design Engineer - Embedded Board
will do the research and design of electronic products. This includes selecting components and IC's; creating schematics and PCB footprints for new components; creating design schematics; overseeing and sometimes performing PCB route and layout. In addition, will include creating product documentation of functional specifications, user manuals, and product test requirement. Finally, performing product qualifications and testing, supporting new product test fixture development and release to production.
Must be capable of providing product application support for new and existing products. The Design Engineer - Embedded Board role will be an instrumental part of how our business grows moving forward, both in design & manufacturing as well as business development. Duties
Education and Experience
- Responsible for leading or executing electrical project monitoring and control activities such as: work planning, team meetings, and open issues.
- Plans and formulates engineering activities according to project requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in product development lead and/or participate in the design and development of new products.
- Assume engineering responsibility for all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Review and evaluate test results Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling, preliminary design, and costing efforts.
- Generates product functional specifications and product test requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with relevant design standards and marketing needs.
- Reviews and reports project status against the schedule during the development cycle.
- Provide technical leadership and support with other team members, including sales, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Resolves engineering design and testing problems.
- Documents products per company requirements.
- Helps train and direct support personnel as required.
- Do research into new applications/methods as required.
- Reviews and refines methods to enhance hardware/firmware development.
- Consults with software engineering staff to optimize interfaces between hardware and software.
- Agrees to execute all required research and development tasks and any other projects so directed by management.
- Continues to seek education to enhance abilities.
- Maintains a task list on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (BSEE), and/or Computer Engineering (BSCE) degree and/or Master's degree in Electronics.
- Minimum of 3+ years' high speed digital design centering around Ethernet, PCIe, SATA, and USB3.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience using PCB design schematic capture and board layout routing tools.
- Design experience using ADC and DAC analog components a plus.
- High speed digital design centering around FPGA a plus.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com