Solidus is searching for Design Engineers.
Successful candidates will join a team that provides innovative design solutions for advanced technology prototypes. Successful individuals will design and document system interconnects (cable and harness) and assemblies from rough sketches and/or verbal instructions from the engineering staff. Engineers will be responsible for performing basic design calculations and initiating block diagrams, schematics, cable drawings, wire diagrams, wire run lists and fabrication documentation. There will be the preparation of engineering release/revision documentation, as well as assisting the responsible engineer in producing fabrication orders and supporting the fabrication and assembly process, as required.
- U.S. Citizenship and able to obtain DoD Security Clearance
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Engineering, or an Associate's degree
- 5 years' minimum relevant experience
- Electronic design for applications, including connector selection, wire types/sizes, voltage drops, electro-mechanical packaging, electrical fabrication & assembly techniques
- Developing own concepts, design layouts, and basic calculations
- Cable/connect configuration management
- Cable fabrication standards and processes
- Aerospace Applications
- Solidworks 3D Computer-Aided Design(CAD)
- The Latest CAD Suite Products
- Design and Evaluate Functional Systems
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong creativity skills
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with an interdisciplinary group, to achieve program requirements
- Present findings/results to internal and external organizations
- Knowledge of Military, ASME & IEEE standards and familiarity with standards and established practices in; aircraft, missile, spacecraft, and ground support equipment.
Req ID 4491
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.