We have a great client who is looking for a Design Engineer in Oshkosh, WI!
This is a long-term contract / to direct hire opportunity.
Candidates need to be local-not a remote position.
Perform high-level, non-supervisory engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches, studies, and proposes the use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
2. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
3. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
4. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
5. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
6. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet the requirements
7. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner that is consistent with the Company's way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
8. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
9. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
10. Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
11. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
12. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
13. Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
• Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering
• 3-plus years of related experience
• Experience with a high-level CAD system
• Possess strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
• Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills