Our team brings to life Nestl's vision for enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding Design organization that creates holistic, consumer-obsessed experiences using a people-centered process for our brands.
We are looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join us; strategic creative thinking with a holistic attention to detail - delivering desirable products with passion.
- The Design Operations Associate is a cross-functional analyst and coordinator supporting the project management roles, within Nestl's Design Center of Excellence (Design CoE), reporting into the Design Operations Manager (DOM).
- The primary responsibilities of the Design Operations Associate are management of existing and next generation Nestl internal systems and tracking/reporting the portfolio of projects underway (including Label D/Devex and SAP applications used to create, enter, review and approve labeling information for products).
- Working within the Design-to-Delivery (D2D) process team from project kick-off, the role ensures system inputs are accurate and up to date using shared trackers created and provided to the DOM. Coordinates systems that generate label copy (recipes, product data and specifications) by orchestrating with key stakeholders to ensure compliance for content approval and challenges to mitigate inconsistencies, edits and rejections.
- Key attributes of this role are the ability to leverage creative and analytical thinking. With curiosity and insight, plus a grounding in methods to map projects, statistics/metrics. This role uses data to think through problems using a critical lens. The data generated, tracks/enhances the Design CoE understanding of the projects at hand.
- Strong and effective communication clearly conveys results across campuses to various audiences from cross-functional teams to executives making business decisions.
- By leveraging shared tools and scale, and through understanding key audiences - data visualizations are built for Nestl priority projects. These scheduled reports are distributed showing effective mapping, timing and performance of Design CoE teams.
- Leads data mining/mapping to gather unstructured data, that is cleaned and processed to share project/portfolio key performance indicators (KPIs). Main business partners include: Nestl CME, Marketing, TAG Packaging, Legal, Regulatory, R&D, Artwork/ Production and Pre-Press Partners.
- The Design Operations Associate has extended accountability to share KPIs regularly with internal/external teams product launches and project status tracking.
- Provides training for all new users of Nestl systems/tools.
- Accountable to: Nestl Project Management, Marketing departments for delivering key package label & artwork content creation milestones, synchronized with the D2D processes.
- Being a neutral cross-functional data/process driver. A key point of contact for global and regional content labeling process excellence, with accountability connected to project status reporting through launch.
- Manage inputs for Nestl internal systems (Label D/Devex and SAP) used to create, enter, review and approve labeling information of new product development, package design and labeling content creation ensuring a seamless transition of data to the Artwork
- Ensure product data collection, supervise 3rd party entry label specification (LS) requests - driving for clarity and accurate content.
- Driving Business and Design Process - empowered to report/assess project data points to address critical data issues. Develops the best-in-class strategic process for efficiency and success.
- Tracking and transparently reporting to key business partners on project/portfolio status via high-level dashboard metrics. Maintains accurate and up to date master tracker.
- Initiation of a formal interface process with finance team with POs/changes or roadblocks as appropriate with Design Operations team and key business partners.
- Assisting in Design CoE department tools, change management programs/ongoing process communications and training.
- Proactively identifying areas for Design CoE on Continuous Improvement initiatives: process and performance improvements, elimination of execution barriers, embraces the idea of trying new processes, new management tools, crafting globally consistent policy across all across businesses.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required. A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or similar industry certification, formal Process Excellence Training, or an MBA is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience with increasing responsibility is required, including 1-3 years of formal data analyst and project management experience in new product development, package design, labeling artwork or copy development areas.
- Thorough knowledge of the consumer product industry or relevant experience in adjacent industries is preferred.
- Proven ability to drive process in complex, interrelated cross-functional new product development and large-scale brand redesign projects is required.
- Demonstrated strategic business and analytical skills; including understanding of key data management principles in the product development space (Time, Cost, Compliance, Feasibility, Risk Assessment, Design Goals, Problem Solving, Metrics, Formal Alignment) and how to leverage this knowledge to make sound business recommendations in a fluid strategic environment is required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and lead productive discussions without line authority to create alignment of senior cross-functional stakeholders is required.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), strong interpersonal and team facilitation skills are required.
- Ability to drive a team forward, stay on track and reconfigure and reform project delivery process if significant scope changes are required.
- Comfortable in facilitating a professional, fact-based, transparent, escalation process when necessary, removing roadblocks and securing project alignment on time as required.
- This position will require up to 25% domestic travel to our offices in Arlington, VA, Solon, OH, and Seattle, WA.
- Prior agency or creative studio experience a plus.