Designer - Towson, Maryland
MUST relocate to Townson, MDCome Make the World With Us!
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 53,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Designer, you'll be part of our Engineering team located in Towson, Maryland. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Design subassemblies & complex parts using CATIA V5
- Design parts and subassemblies for various manufacturing processes including injection molding, die casting, stamping and machining
- Setup BoM structure and maintain documentation in PLM system through entire product life cycle
- Use manufacturing knowledge & experience to guide product & tooling design
- Specifies3Dgeometry, 2D technical drawings, andexecutes tolerance stack-ups
- Ability to constructprototypes,performteardowns ofcompetitive designs, andperform basic experiments to improve design output
- Coordinate with vendors the design release for tooling
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- 5+ years of experience designing subassemblies & complex parts using CATIA V5 or similar 3D CAD system.
- Experience in the use of 2D & 3D CATIA V5 or similar CAD system
- Extensive knowledge of ASME Y14.5 2D drawing standard; knowledge of GD&T preferred
- Experience performing dimensional tolerance stack ups preferred
- Hands-on ability to build prototypes
- Experience with manufacturing assembly processes preferred
- Experience with variouscomponentmanufacturing processesincluding injection molding, die casting, &metal stampingpreferred
- Good organization and communication skills. Ability to work with more than one engineer and handle multiple assignments concurrently.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.