We are helping one of our direct customers hire a Desktop Manager who will be responsible for the company's desktop and laptop selection, imaging, deployment, application integration, and on-going support. You'll be responsible for the helpdesk ticketing system and will oversee a small team of helpdesk technicians. Role requires you to be onsite 5 days per week and is located South of Charlotte - Northern suburbs will be too difficult of a commute.
3-5 years of relevant work/management experience including successful supervisory leadership of an infrastructure team.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree is required in the field of computer science or another related technical field.
• Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
• The ability to generate and manage an IT budget
• Some networking experience with enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc. but doesn't need to be extensive (they have a networking manager and team)
• Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
• Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Microsoft operating systems and Office applications.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as desktop, laptop, modems, network interface cards, etc.
• Must have experience managing a small team of helpdesk people
• Experience working on MAC’s is preferred
No 3rd parties! No sponsorship! Will consider candidates who require some relocation assistance but <$5K.