Desktop Administrator 5 month Contract+ Onsite in Northern VA
Apex Systems is looking for a Desktop Administrator to support one of our largest healthcare clients in northern Virginia for their Windows 10 implementation project. The position is headquartered in Sterling, VA, however, employees will work regionally at one of the client's sites. Please see the description below and if interested, apply online. Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for installation of imaged desktops and pre-configured peripherals for assigned Health System locations.
- Performs all services necessary to install and move desktop and peripheral connections.
- Performs all services to ensure desktop and peripherals are correctly installed and confirms all required business functions are working as required with end users.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation involving completion of service request, resolutions of issues reported through the customer support line or approved project work requests.
- Consistently communicates technical issues with other members of the team and ensures documentation is updated with resolution steps for other team members when issues are resolved.
- Orients end-user staff and provides feedback to manager as appropriate.
- Communicates status to internal and external constituents to keep project team informed.
- Assist the other members of the team if required.
(1-3 yrs Desktop Support)
- Demonstrated experience performing all services necessary to install and move desktop and peripheral connections
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of general desktop operating systems, office suite and mobile devices.
- The ability to troubleshoot and manage time between multiple tickets is a critical skill in this
- Detailed communication
- Desktop computer technology (windows 7/8)
- Windows 10 Implementation experience
- Printer maintenance and support
- Desktop peripheral knowledge (scanners, printers, etc)
Bachelor Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at