Grapevine Technology is an Information Technology recruiting firm focused on quality candidate placement with high profile client companies. Our client in Stamford, CT is looking for a strong Desktop Engineer to join their permanent employee staff. This is a M-F, 9-5 position.
The Desktop Engineer is responsible for the overall design, implementation, operation, and support of the enterprise-wide desktop services. Duties include the administration of desktop hardware, software applications, and printer services; the management and coordination of moves, adds, and changes (MACs); the management and coordination of break/fix services for desktop, laptop, mobile devices, PDA, and printers; the design and development of software distribution application packages and scripts; the maintenance and advancement of desktop management services, including remote control, software distribution, asset management, and virus protection services; and the establishment of a standards-based desktop hardware architecture and application portfolio.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, with at least 5 years experience in desktop services architecture and administration. Strong, demonstrable experience in Microsoft Windows 7, Active Directory Services, MS Office suite, McAfee virus protection, and HP desktop / laptop / thin client. Microsoft certification is preferred.
- Expertise in asset management, desktop and server management systems, functions and operations.
- Experience in end-user device technologies, application integration and associated workstation services, operating systems, and utilities related to desktop services
- Expertise in electronic mail, groupware and collaborative technologies
- Expertise in network operating system (NOS) and office automation administration functions, operations and security requirements.
- Experience in installation and maintenance of operating system software and related products necessary to coordinate and administer desktop services.
- Expertise in domain and directory services planning, design and implementations.
- Expertise in desktop deployment and annual refresh strategies and process.
- Expertise in desktop monitoring, utilization, capacity planning, and management systems, and the application of this knowledge to support the budget process and customer service.
- Expertise in network print, file and directory services.
- Experience in back office and desktop troubleshooting and problem diagnosis.
- Experience in virus protection technology and process to ensure data integrity.
- Knowledge in installation and maintenance of HP / Compaq hardware and related products.
- Experienced with vendors of services and products relevant to back office and desktop environments.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 operating system troubleshooting and problem diagnosis.
- Effective documentation skills are essential.
- Analyze and resolve desktop hardware and operating system level issues
- Interact professionally with client community and be committed, helpful, responsive and effective in supporting healthcare applications and activities.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via Dice.com.
PERMANENT FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBLE ONLY. No sponsorship available. NO TRAINING VISAS. NO THIRD PARTIES. NO CORP to CORP.
487 Old Post Road Fairfield, CT, 06824Contact