Kforce has a client that is seeking a Desktop Services Tech in Seattle, WA.
* Desktop Services Tech will provide intermediate to advanced level desktop technical service and support initiatives to address technical desktop matters, and to achieve optimum use of enterprise desktop and related computing systems, including, but not limited to: (hardware/software installation, maintenance, and repair; Troubleshooting; and user training in accordance with standard operation procedures)
* Configure, operate, and administer desktop services-related hardware, operating systems, and communications
* Analyze, recommend, and implement desktop resolutions to internal clients including equipment hardware and software, documentation, and training
* Work cooperatively with the IT team to deliver quality and timely service
* Exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing workload for a timely resolution of system problems to ensure customer satisfaction and eliminate downtime and prevent cost overruns
* Perform intermediate (level 1) to advanced (level 2) administration of desktop related technologies, including installation, configuration, system software maintenance, desktop monitoring, performance tuning and optimizations, upgrade, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair, and support for enterprise production desktop technologies and back-office platforms in accordance with department policies and procedures
* Manage customer service requests using approved IT Service Management standards, policies, and procedures
* As a Desktop Services Tech, you will administer appropriate levels of desktop services and related security controls to secure enterprise computing assets from vulnerabilities and threats (e.g., anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spy ware, etc.)
* Participate and contribute to relevant business resumption recovery activities of assigned areas and consult with external vendors for resolution
* Associate degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university, along with a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years for Level 1 technicians, or two (2) to four (4) years for Level 2 technicians minimum IT industry related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
* Successful experience in an advanced desktop services role, delivering products and services at an enterprise level while supporting multiple end-users; Extensive experience in complex troubleshooting, diagnostic analysis, configuration, and repair of new and existing desktop technologies; and working in a team environment
Technical Skills and Abilities:
* Requires the ability to apply methods, procedures, practices, and processes derived from technical training and experience to effectively diagnose and solve technical problems from simple to moderate complexity, promptly and effectively
* Requires proficiency in administering, installing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and supporting intermediate to advanced business-specific client/computer endpoint technology-based business systems
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.