We are seeking a Desktop Support technician to join our team in support of a mission critical customer. This position is located in Chantilly, VA.
We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
Responsibilities What you'll do...
The Desktop Support/Voice-Video technicians provides PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support which may include duties such as:
- Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
- Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
- Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
- Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
- Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution including
- Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
- Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS - GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
- Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
- Support network and locally attached printers
- Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Travel (75%) to include both local and OCONUS
Qualifications You'd be a great fit if have...
What you'll get...
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years' relevant experience, or additional 4 years' experience without a degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification - CompTIA Security+
- The ability to travel (75%) to include both local and OCONUS
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- The ability to influence major initiatives.
- Must possess a TS/SCI security clearance and be able to maintain the clearance.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.