Title: Assistant Engineer I
Location: San Jose, CA
- Under direct or general supervision, performs civil engineering assignments in support of the planning, design, construction, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the District's facilities and systems including, but not limited to, conducting engineering studies and preparing and reviewing reports, designs, and construction plans and specifications; provides engineering, hydrogeologic, and scientific support in the management of the District's engineering projects and performs a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist with the development of flood protection project planning, including identifying conceptual design alternatives and feasible design alternatives.
- Assist with the preparation of preliminary design layouts using AutoCAD. Calculate quantities and cost estimates for various alternatives.
- Assist in the preparation of project meetings, including public meetings. Coordinate with multiple internal and external consultants and stakeholders to ensure proper project coordination.
- Experience with ArcGlS and AutoCad, including preparing preliminary plans and profiles.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present technical engineering information and data in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, concepts, and standards of riverine hydraulics, hydrology, and flood risk issues.
About our Company:
Connecting people’s aptitude & ambitions with our opportunities to deliver results.
22nd Century Technologies was established in 1997 and is headquartered in McLean VA. We are one of the leading IT services and solutions firm in the country with 12 regional offices and presence in all 50 states. We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in defense, intelligence, civil, and healthcare markets. As our name implies, we are a forward thinking company with the ultimate goal of helping our customers implement innovative IT solutions that will satisfy their business needs. We combine real-world experience, specialized skills, innovative thinking, and industry knowledge to deliver quality IT solutions. At our core, we are about people - our customers and our employees.
“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."