DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST
Location: The Woodlands
Synopsis: Be apart of an IT department that is being in-sourced. This is a key position working side by side with the Director of Information Technology. Exciting opportunity to grow within the organization and be exposed to many things such as audio and video. Work for a Christian organization.
This support analyst will be troubleshooting and resolving problems with user hardware and software at The Woodlands Company, including other surrounding buildings. Provide a high level of customer service for users experiencing problems with hardware and software related issues. Learn IT policies and procedures, and be able to convey the basic philosophy to users in a way that is easily understood by basic users.
- Manage tickets in order to control process flow, and represent work effort.
- Diagnose and repair Windows desktop problems as assigned.
- Image and deploy new computers to employees and contractors.
- Install, configure and support phone system end user devices.
- Maintain resolution of tickets and project related work.
- Work alongside project teams to support on-going work related to IT and IT related facilities work.
- Resolve network issues with End-User and collaborate with the Network Team in the implementation of related projects.
- Desktop, laptop, and printer hardware diagnosis and repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience of 3+ years of experience supporting users in an enterprise environment.
- Working experience installing, upgrading and maintaining computers, PC peripherals, and mobile devices.
- Able to perform basic network analysis and troubleshooting in order to work with specialized teams; coordinating the effort between the user and level 2 support analysts.
- Maintain a high level of flexibility.
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong knowledge of tools and techniques employed in supporting enterprise networks.
- Proven ability to document in writing instructional material as related to the use and maintenance of technology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals and groups of varying technical knowledge, at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive experience in the support of:
- Windows 7 and above
- macOS and OS X
- Chrome OS
- Computer, mobile device and peripheral configuration/installation to include tablets, printers, plotters, etc.
- Anti-malware software configuration, installation, deployment.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other desktop and browser based applications.
- Mac specific computing environments including operating systems and software applications.