Desktop Support Analyst
To deliver technical support service to all desktops and peripherals supported by the Plymouth Rock IT group
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot day-to-day software or hardware problems with desktops and peripherals
- Provide installation and support of all supported software and hardware, including desktop configurations and printers.
- Schedule and support video conferencing
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and future Windows releases of desktop versions.
- Troubleshoot & Support Apple/MAC, Android, and tablet products
- Support users working remotely
- Maintain current inventory of computers
- Handle help desk support when requested
- Request purchase orders, validate purchase needs, and receive and process purchases
- Troubleshoot network connectivity problems for computers and printers
- Maintain a clean and presentable environment
- Provide project assistance
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Associate s degree (A.A./A.S.) from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency in hardware and systems software, as well as experience installing hardware and software
- Written verbal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows Operating systems 7 and above
- Desirable knowledge of Apple/MAC, Android, tablet, and other non-Windows devices
- Knowledge of Office 365 a plus
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager experience with deployment of software and task sequences desirable
- Proficient with computer based hardware and peripherals printers, drivers, network cards, video cards, sound cards, etc.
- Ability to work on special tasks assigned by management
- Knowledge of Easy Vista Service Desk a plus
- Location Boston, MA
- Support hours are between 10:00am-6:00pm but could fluctuate between 7:00am-6:00pm on occasion.
- Occasional after hours and/or weekend work
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy equipment
- Must be willing and able to travel to other offices as requested (may include overnight stays on occasion).