CAI is looking for a desktop support specialist in the Bangor, Maine area
The Specialist is knowledgeable on the usage and support of a collection of personal computer platforms (a range of laptops and desktops, both Windows and Mac) or technical architectures, and products that run on those platforms. The individual performs a full range of computer administration functions with minimal direction and/or technical support. The individual will install and configure system hardware, software, printers and verify network connectivity. The individual shall perform advanced troubleshooting and vendor technical liaison functions. The individual shall design and implement trouble shooting and correction plans, develop and coordinate user training programs and documenting all processes and procedures. The Specialists are responsible for collaborating with Technical Architecture Specialist, Functional Architects, Programmers and vendors to coordinate and enhance the use of the platform and facilitate migration to new versions of the platform.
Position will be based out of Bangor and will be required to travel to locations in the State of Maine. Expenses will be reimbursed. Please ensure the candidate has a reliable vehicle and can travel.
Years of Relevant Experience: 1-3 years in desired
Basic work station tech skills. Windows 10 (Expert Level) & Apple IOS (Mid Level).
Basic computer setup and user instruction.
Basic printer setup.
Knowledge of Windows 10.
Good people communication skills
able to work independently
Hours will vary, 20-40/week
• Assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new software products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environment.
• Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment.
• Participate in performance and volume analysis and design.
• Participate in performance improvement activities. Identify and apply potential improvements related to the environment for an application.
• Provide accurate and complete answers to general use and environment questions in a timely manner.
• Serve as the point of contact for technology support and services.
• Serve as the point of integration between the business functions of the department and the technology requirements of the department.
• Provide desktop computer support.
• Serve as a point of contact for comm