DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Desktop Support Deployment Engineer (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Responsible for Windows desktop design, testing, security lockdown implementation, integration with standard software packages, integration with automated patching and deployment technologies, documentation and training to include automating application and configuration deployments and updates. Responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but also for all support libraries, components and application dependencies. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to create, configure, test, document and deploy Windows desktop systems in both physical and virtual environments.
- Engineer, deploy and O&M the Microsoft operating system baseline image for Windows 10 or later for use on all of the Government client enterprise endpoints. All baseline images must meet DISA STIG and internal Government client Security recommendations. Incremental baseline releases are due quarterly, NLT the 15th of each month (January, April, July, and October).
- Provide engineering and deployment and O&M services for a broad range of current and future Microsoft applications and technologies, or other third party tools that integrate with Microsoft products. Currently utilized technologies include but are not limited to: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Microsoft System Center Software Portal (MSCSP), and Microsoft Office products
- Be able to create DVD images for deployment as well as use automated deployment methods such as Microsoft Endpoint Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, BigFix, etc.
- Test patches and update documentation for software updates or changes as required
- Proactively ensure systems are secured and meet operational requirements
- Develop and maintain automated processes for software and firmware updates
- Serve as a subject matter expert for top tier desktop problem resolution
- Integrate hardware and firmware drivers
- Test and document new desktop platforms and peripherals
- Design, implement and administer IT support of the Windows desktop and virtual infrastructure.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all Windows desktop environments.
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Resource Kits, and BigFix.
- Provision/configure all required software onto desktops both virtual and physical.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Windows infrastructure by testing and validating baseline changes to include regression testing and update testing both hardware and software releases.
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks. Use automated tools to deploy third party packages
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd and 4th level of Windows desktop both virtual and physical support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts monthly.
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with the Government client's standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices. Author step-by-step solutions for Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 for frequently asked questions and problem resolution references.
Location and other information:
- Five years of experience required
- Minimum of Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.