Desktop Support Engineer
Newport Beach, CA
CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
Our client located in the Newport Beach, Ca area and is a non-profit Educational organization. Seeking to hire a contract to perm IT Services and Software Support Specialist with a passion for and experience managing the Educational environment of Faculty staff and students IT support and acting as primary contact for telephone, email and online requests and IT issues. Reporting to the IT Services Manager, successful candidate will provide knowledgeable software, hardware, network and end user support. Diagnose and troubleshoot issues for users to resolution. Installation, configuration and onsite support of software, hardware, and network devices servicing Orange County locations in Southern California.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience and education necessary to perform the duties as primary contact for telephone, email and online requests and IT issues with articulate, attention to detail soft skills needed.
- Experience supporting: Windows 10, iOS, and Chromebook devices; multi-Function Printers; VOIP, digital and analog phones; G-Suite mail and applications; Office 365 Suite products particularly Excel; Patch Management software; VMware hosts and virtual servers
- Solid knowledge of working in Microsoft Excel as well as familiarity working with CRM applications/ contact management databases such as FileMaker Pro or ACT software
- Ability to work as an Administrator within different software applications for onboarding/ offboarding functions requiring attention to detail
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with team members and Faculty staff/ student users/ customers.
- Assess tickets, prioritize the ticket portfolio, and escalate as necessary (via AutoTask Application) and ensure ticket resolution meets the SLA by resolving or escalating requests.
- Participate in scheduling and manning after hours support, providing coverage for critical issues
- Accomplish organization’s goals by taking initiative and ownership of tasks and requests while exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Maintain confidentiality with organizations data.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and customer service skills and be able to work independently and act as a self-starter
- Possess and maintain a valid California class C driver’s license and use of your own vehicle will be required for occasional travel among field offices
Essential Responsibilities and daily Duties
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following (and other duties as assigned)
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company’s Employee Handbook
- Installs configures and troubleshoots software, hardware, and network issues
- Diagnose, resolve, and escalate concerns based on the appropriate Support and Services Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to resolution expectations and ensure user satisfaction with every interaction
- Provision and manage students and staff in software; ensuring data integrity between systems
- Assist users with online registration process of external software
- Maintain Google forms and Google response data as needed and coordinate technology integration of Google forms
- Generate customized reports to meet staff needs within multiple software programs (*will provide training to right candidate)
- Maintain mobile device tracking databases utilizing FileMaker Pro and Google spreadsheets connected to MySQL database
- Complete data analysis as needed and coordinate asset management program
- Coordinate technology integration with administrative duties for the Information Systems Department
- Maintain inventory of equipment and parts as well as appropriate documentation of configurations, standards and vendor activities
Candidates should demonstrate the preferred following minimum intangible qualifications:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong time management coordinating multiple projects
- Self-motivated to complete assignments on time, yet able to determine when to ask questions for clarification or further direction
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of users while working to maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Work with a team-oriented attitude and possess the flexibility to help other team members as needed
- Willingness and desire to expand knowledge in use of software and hardware- continually improve the environment by monitoring and evaluating performance issues; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining policies and procedures.
Position Status and Work Hours
Full-time/ contract-to- perm/ non-exempt position/ Monday – Friday, 7:00AM to 4:00PM (additional hours may be required as work necessitates including evening hours.)
About CGS Business Solutions:
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. After five consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles, CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage the rapidly changing business environments.