IDA is seeking a driven and customer service focused technical professional to join IT's Computer Engineering and Operations team. The Computer Systems Administrator will provide technical end-user support for unclassified and classified PC and Macintosh systems (Mostly PC's; DELL specifically). This individual will be responsible for performing PC refreshes, rebuilds and reassignments, testing new hardware and software, application life management, and addressing a wide multitude of client support issues in a Windows based environment. Additionally, they manage the security posture of PCs across different classification (Secret, Top Secret-SCI). #ITatIDA
- Responds to Helpdesk requests, escalations, and change requests requiring systems hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Perform PC refreshes, rebuilds and reassignments, testing new hardware and software, application life management
- Manage and integrate assigned applications via the Application Life Cycle process for software such as: Adobe Acrobat, Reader, Firefox, Chrome and Flash products
- Assist with administering Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), McAfee Enterprise Policy Orchestor (ePO) and SIPRNet Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Aide the automation process through scripting
- Maintain classified workstations within information assurance requirements; ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA and DSS directives and guidelines.
- Follows standard operating procedures and processes.
Qualifications Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field and one year minimum experience in Information Technology, one in systems administration; OR, three years of minimum experience in IT or systems administration in lieu of degree.
Possess fundamental knowledge and principles in supporting computer systems and software, preferably the Microsoft suite of enterprise software.
Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Windows Deployment Server, PXE, Patch Management, application life cycle support, McAfee Enterprise Policy Orchestrator, McAfee endpoint products, HBSS, and scripting languages a plus.
Experience with implementing and managing STIGs is highly preferred.
Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with general to minimal supervision.
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
Ability to obtain and maintain DOD 8570 IAT II certification.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer is desired.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer