At eXcell, you re more than just a number. Our employee relationship managers support you throughout your engagement, provide career guidance and reemployment assistance. Join eXcell! Our client is the world's leading computer components manufacturer seeking a MAC Desktop Support resource to provide second level support to employees by installing, maintaining, and repairing all company supported hardware and software. This position will troubleshoot computer problems, determine problem source, and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. 60% Macintosh / 40 Wintel.
Core Client Hardware And Software Environment: Apple laptops, Dell Optiplex desktops, Lenovo Thinkpad laptops, Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP / 7 OS, Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007, SAP, McAfee AV, Cisco VPN, Adobe Acrobat, Skype.
- Must be able to bind an Apple machine to a Windows network when needed
- Image experience - currently migrating from Casper to JAMF
- Work with and document processes
- Support the Office 365 software
- Monitor computer hardware performance and diagnosing problems
- Upgrade computers through the addition of new hardware, such as additional RAM or a new disk drive
- Set up new configurations of equipment
- Adjust, repair, and replace worn or defective parts
- Install and configure software applications
- Troubleshoot and repair software applications and OS related problems
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Perform testing of equipment that has been repaired, prior to returning the equipment to the user.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of installation and operation of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- 3-5 years of related experience and training
- A+ certification
- Microsoft MCP Certified a plus
Working Conditions: Working conditions are predominantly standing and walking. Must be able to kneel for short periods of time, frequently lift up to 25 lbs., and walk between buildings on campus often transporting up to 50 lbs. using a non-motorized cart.
- Positive Attitude
- Oral and written communication skill
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.