Job #: 1023424
Apex Systems has an opening for aHelp Desk Supportposition in theSan Francisco, CAarea. If you are interested, please send your resume to Alex at email@example.com.
Position:Help Desk Technician
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contract: 6 month Contract to Hire
Travel Requirement:This position may require up to 30% travel.
• Provide direct technical support to end-users for all IT related issues both hardware and software
• Under supervision, provide support to monitor, install and perform maintenance on personal computers, laptop computers, software, and the networks
• Timely respond to system user requests for assistance
• Provide support for on-the-spot diagnostic evaluations, implementation of corrections, and training users in proper operation of systems and programs
• Support also includes: install and provide basic support for approved PC software; upgrades to all computer platforms, train office staff on computers, maintain logs and inventory of equipment repairs
• Troubleshoot/upgrade existing operational environment consisting of workstations running Windows 7, Windows 7 (x64) or Windows 8. Associated file and print servers running Windows Server 2012. Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging software. Peripheral devices consist of PDA's, iPhone 5S and iPhone 6, hand held devices and printers.
• Utilizes Symantec NetBackup OpsCenter and deduplication technology.
• May work with Network Operations Center to troubleshoot complex LAN/WAN issues
• Document all work performed and possess ability to write clear and effective status reports
• In a subordinate role, provide technical support for large projects, operations and special events
• Coordinate with senior technical personnel to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction
• Utilize the Remedy Action Request System (ARS) to track all service and trouble tickets involving support to end-users
• Responsible for all LAN and Desktop related hardware and may be required to conduct physical inventories
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Intermediate level knowledge of the latest Network Operating Systems and hardware
• Intermediate level knowledge of backup software and hardware
• Intermediate level knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging Software
• Understanding of WAN Devices, circuits, cabling and telephonic and/or communication technology
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Deskside environment
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
• Clearance Not required, however must have ability to clear background investigation by ICE for Entry of Duty (EOD) clearance
• Bachelors degree
• 5 or more years of related technical experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.