San Diego, CA Description: Job Type
: Contract to HireSalary
: $20-22/HR (Contract)Category
: Information TechnologyDescription
Deskside Technician - JR level position that performs tasks related to the repair of a variety of technology-based products typically associated in an end-user computing environment. Must have at least 2 years of experience as a desktop tech, must have good knowledge of Active Directory.Responsibilities
• Performs basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities, typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PC's, desktops, laptops, tablets and printers.
• Provide support to client identified VIPs, and other employees at the client site
• Responds to change management requests including installing new PC equipment, providing end-user desk side support and other related activities.
• Perform Install/Move/Add or Change (IMAC) activities.
• Perform all assigned desk-side support activities
• Display outstanding technical and professional services skills at all times
• Meet - established customer service satisfaction levels and other operational/customer service metrics as outlined in established guidelines
• Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
• Understands and follows all documented service operations policies and procedures.
• Other duties or certifications may be assigned to meet business needsEducation and Experience:
• Typically requires a minim of 2 years of relevant deskside experience
Certifications and/or Qualifications:
• Maintain all required OEM Certifications as directed by Management
• Knowledge of relevant software and hardware systems - Desktop application, desktop hardware,
• Understanding of ITIL methodologies
• A+ certification is desired
• May require additional customer-specific certifications or training as requiredSkills
• Excellence in communication and customer-facing skills
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction
• Ability to lift and or move various computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
Additional requirements may exist if offer of employmentContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com