Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine's Information Services area is looking for a Desktop Support Technician SOM
• Provides on-site desktop and other technical support to users in research labs and academic administration, including support solutions customized for the needs of particular research or administrative working groups
• Performs basic installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance on hardware, software, computer peripherals and computer-aided scientific research equipment.
• Troubleshoots technical problems, answers customer questions and resolves issues. Occasionally refers issues/questions to appropriate personnel/manager for follow-up, but resolves most issues independently and without referral.
• Instructs users in the operation and appropriate usage of systems/equipment
• Provides procurement recommendations and technical specifications for departmental purchasing
• Performs ongoing analysis of local computing environment and makes recommendations for technology or process improvements
• Assists in the analysis of technical products, systems and/or software. May take lead role in technology evaluation projects or technology implementation projects.
• Performs testing for product evaluation and deployment projects and works with the user base to assure that the solutions meet requirements.
• Performs or updates inventory as appropriate.
• Updates tickets and assignments according to established procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Degree and Experience Required:
•High school diploma or GED required.
•Three or more years of field support experience
• Experience working with a variety of operating systems and software; at minimum must have experience with either Mac OS or Windows OS, experience with both preferred
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to follow through issues to resolution.
• Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within an organization, including IT staff, faculty and research staff, clinicians and clinical staff, administrators and students
• Must be able to function as part of a team providing a high level of quality service to clients
• Knowledge of academic and/or research operations and the use of information system applications in an academic environment preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.