Apex Systems, the nation's second largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician to support one of our top clients in Richmond, Virginia. Please find the details below.
If interested please email your resume and best phone number to Chelsea Funk at for consideration
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location: On-site South of Richmond, VA near Chester
Shift: Monday- Friday 8 am to 5 pm
Duration: 3 month contract to hire
Pay: Dependent on Experience
- Repair, test, image and clean PC's, laptop, monitors, printers, and other related hardware.
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals. Ability to setup, configure and add all hardware.
- Experience with asset management. Install, move, add, and change. Large IMAC events expected for client printer migration and PC refreshes
- Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
- Assist with installations, configurations, upgrades, patch, and other maintenance actives of server equipment. Perform backup, recovery, and security procedures both planned or during emergency. Follow established procedures to detect, diagnose, and accurately report outage of critical site applications.
- Assist with diagnoses of network hardware and performance problems. Perform approved installation, configuration, and maintenance of physical network. Perform network system administration task both planned or during emergency.
- Comfortable with face to face interactions as will be required to provide technical support to end users in-person at the customer's site
- Back up and burn end user data.
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes. Assist other coworkers in resolution of end users' technical issues across the program.
- Assist Site Leader in the execution of established processes and escalations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience working in enterprise environment.
Preferred, NOT REQUIRED:
- CompTIA A+
- OEM Printer Warranty Certifications
- OEM Laptop/Desktop Warranty Certifications
- Lexmark Printer experience
- Server experience would be a bonus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at