Take your career to the next level with eXcell. We offer jobs with Fortune 1000 companies nationwide AND invest in your career development through our generous, annual training contribution. * * * Contract to Hire Opportunity * * *
Scope of work for this Desktop Support Tech position includes provisioning, customer service, and computer hardware which includes imaging provisioning machines to end user and admin account and QA. The role will also include Asset Inventory management. The successful candidate will have organizational skills and the ability to both collaborate with the team and work independently.
Work schedule is M-F, 8:00 to 5:00. Overtime may be required at times.
Major Job Duties:
- Test, image, and clean PCs, laptops, monitors, printers, and other related hardware
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot software and computer peripherals
- Set up, configure, and add all hardware
- Assist Corporate Deskside Support Technicians with large IMACs
- Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention
- Provide technical support to end users via telephone
- Back up and burn end user data
- Assist in developing and documenting improvements to current processes
- Assist coworkers in resolution of end users technical issues
- Assist coworkers in the execution of established processes and escalations
- 2-4 years of hands-on technical knowledge of laptop and desktop design and software installation required
- Experience with help desk and queue management and coordination of team in routing tickets to the team to manage standards within client policy
- 1 to 2 years experience in a break-fix environment
- Ability to lift and palletize heavy equipment (PCs, monitors, printers)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail required
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude required
- High School Diploma or GED required
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.