Kforce has a client in search of a Desktop Support Technician III in Fort Washington, PA.
* Partners with the business areas, uses discretion to resolve business needs by evaluating current systems, needs and potential options, determining what hardware and software will meet the functional requirements of the client, recommending when and how to upgrade, and testing and implementing solutions for the end-user environment; Documents, maintains and enhances work processes and standards for the business area's technology needs
* Works with manager on hiring recommendations and interviewing, and mentors technical development of junior team members
* Identifies and analyzes trends for business problems, partnering cross-platform as needed, formulates recommendations, reports to management and implements changes for system issues; Coaches junior members in conducting these assessments
* Responsible for information technology planning, design, implementation and support of on-site or remote special event activities on request, may include supervisory responsibility for any external contractors at the site
* Evaluates problems and develops unique solutions and/or makes independent decisions regarding multiple and varied options; Analyzes and selects between diverse and complex options; Uses independent judgment and discretion to resolve issues or repairs to equipment, selecting, negotiating and working with vendors on solutions, and working with other teams to implement new solutions; This includes restoration of service, providing end-user training, and any coordination of warranty repair through 3rd party vendors; Supports client issues 24x7 through on call rotation and through escalation from junior team members for hardware and software support
* Bachelor's degree with IT discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience
* 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical support role
* Relevant professional certifications desirable
* Previous technical support experience
* Possesses in-depth expertise in standard end user hardware and software in the IT infrastructure, as well as a very seasoned understanding of specific technologies and systems and how they impact the end user environment and ability to make independent decisions to deviate from standard procedures as necessary to resolve problems
* Possesses an advanced understanding of the broader IT hardware and software environment, especially as it relates to the inter-relationship of end user technologies with the current and future applications and technical architectures; Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations
* Must be able to leverage technical expertise in evaluating problems and business needs, making decisions and developing or selecting resolutions
* Understands the technology organization and how different areas work together to resolve client or operational problems
* Possesses a network of contacts inside and outside the organization to expedite problem resolution
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.