Performs moderately complex analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of new and existing computer systems. Provides day-to-day consultation, instruction, troubleshooting and problem solving to computer users for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and devices. Evaluates, reviews and enforces County computer hardware and software standards. This position requires knowledge of all phases and variations of computing systems and support
Works under close supervision of the Systems Support Supervisor. Performance is reviewed through observations, conferences, reports and achievement of desired results.
- Installs, configures and ensures the effective operation of all end user hardware and software, peripheral equipment and mobile devices within established County standards.
- Monitors and responds to Service Center trouble calls and provides end user training in use of equipment and software.
- Confers with the customer to diagnose simple to moderately complex problems, apply solutions and assist in determining the types of hardware and software required to meet business needs.
- Ensures end user hardware, software and associated devices interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems such as file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems and application servers.
- Creates, runs, and troubleshoots simple to moderately complex scripts, batch files, or installation procedures.
- Performs moderately complex troubleshooting procedures encompassing multiple technology platforms.
- Coordinates efforts with technical staff and customers to determine and resolve client issues under direction of technical lead.
- Reviews licensing problems and performs software and hardware audits throughout the organization. Provides audit reports and assessments and ensures compliance with licensing regulations.
- Provides on call support as needed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Performs other related duties as assigned