Position Title: Desktop Support Technician POSITION SUMMARY
The Desktop Technician / Site Admin would essentially entail installing equipment, troubleshooting hardware/software issues, working with other support areas, troubleshooting user account issues, both local (On-Site) if required and Remote across a divers set of clients and user base. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advising staff on appropriate procedures for directing their IT-related queries and recommendations.
- Receiving and documenting requests for support.
- Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Bring up-to-date and preserve computer inventory, surplus equipment and follow Asset Management processes.
- Sustain and fix issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephone, Video systems and other computing equipment and/or engage Level 2/3 support teams and coordinate.
- Make sure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with various systems.
- Preserve passwords, data integrity and file system security for the computing environment.
- Install, setup and support VPN access for all remote users.
- Support for technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
- Assist in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Maintain an excellent level of customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently.
- Resolve issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent solutions.
- Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT service desk system and any other duties as assigned by the company.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform software patch management, Antivirus Management, and desktop security support.
- Strong understanding of hardware, software and TCP/IP networking principles is required along with basic knowledge of telephony and web-design principles.
- Outstanding communication skills to team and clients.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, M365, Patch Management, Anti-Malware, desktop/laptop imaging processes and techniques, anti-virus and inventory management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of computers (PC, VDI, Laptop and Mac) and peripherals.
- Advanced working knowledge of configuring and trouble-shooting iOS and Android based mobile devices.
- Strong customer service orientation, good written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of managing tickets, follow up actions and close issues.
Education, Certificates and Experience:
- OS installation, Citrix, VMWare View, Active Directory, Windows platforms, Microsoft Office suite, Basic Networking, Map drive and Data sharing.
- Knowledge on cloud platform will be an advantage.
- Education: Bachelor s degree (Preferred not required)
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in providing desktop support in a corporate environment.
- Certification on MCSA: Windows 10, MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure is preferable