VariQis seeking a full-time PC Support Technician
to provide Tier I and Tier II end user support at the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be assigned to a select group of member offices to serve as their primary system administrator responsible for proactive IT maintenance and technical problem solving.Additional Information:
- Location: Washington, DC
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: None
- Available: September
- Working Shift: The candidate will be working a standard shift, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8am - 5pm, specific work hours to be determined upon hire.
- Performs a variety of technical support functions to include new computer deployment (imaging, transfer data, physical install) and end user support.
- Assists with office moves that involve disconnect and reconnect of customer computers and next day support to assist with log-in and printer set up.
- Will be required to troubleshoot network connectivity issues and common PC software and hardware problems. Renders "How to Assistance" to customers for MS Office 365 applications mainly related to new user acclimatization (example configuring Outlook preferences).
- Will be required to follow standard procedures to configure and deploy mobile devices in an enterprise environment (tablets and smart phones).
- 5 years' experience performing similar duties
- Ability to work independently, stay organized and multi-task
- Maintain professional bearing and strong customer service in challenging situations
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, concepts, and techniques in the following areas: desktop computer imaging, end user support and hardware repair for Windows and Apple computers and laptops, activation and end user support for mobile devices, network printer support, and warranty coordination for HP and other makes of printers and multi-function devices.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Troubleshooting skills in the listed areas of knowledge.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Familiarity with Active Directory to create/manage computer objects and perform password resets/account unlocks.
- Physically capable of lifting boxes up to 40 pounds, walking many steps per day, other similar physical demands.
- Reliable transportation and able to arrive for scheduled shift on time without fail
Schedule and place of performance:
- A+ recent certification
- Familiarity with Windows 10, recent Mac OS, Windows Active Directory, AirWatch MDM for mobile devices, MS Office 365
- College graduate or equivalent industry specific trade school
- Period of performance is November 9, 2020 through January 2, 2021
- Possibility to extend through March 2021
- 100 % in-office work
- Work schedule will be dynamic, hours may fluctuate significantly from one day to the next. Overtime will be available and required. On average most weeks will be in excess of 40 hours but there may be fluctuations (example 30 hours one week and 60 hours the next).
- Schedule flexibility is required to provide coverage for events scheduled and assigned with little advance notice. There will be weekend and holiday work to accommodate customer demand and schedule. These are all first shift positions that may start early, run late, and require weekend daytime work.
- Subcontractor is expected to report to our office in Washington, DC
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.